Monday, October 29, 2007

Birthday Gifts

I sure wish I could have celebrated with the Frayed Edges! I just sent gifts instead.


I had a blast stitching up these small little studies. I've been seeing "blue and brown" everywhere, so I thought I'd explore that combination. And I'm not giving up on my obsession with botanical shapes.

I think they are about six inches square. I mounted them on 9x12 inch pieces of matte board.

Notice the positive and negative shapes? Two for one!

Lincoln wanted to come outside to help take pictures.


Happy Birthday Sarah and Hannah!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are soooo pretty. I love the brown and blue color combo -- that's pretty much my house in a nutshell (except not fresh and modern and not really noticeable through the mess). I'm pretty sure I even have that brown fabric -- except that mine is dark blue and I have plans to mix it with shades of brown (and maybe some aqua too). I think our stashes would be very compatible.

Françoise said...

Mmmm... lovely!
You're ready for the next 12x12 theme...

Amy said...

Both are really fantastic, but I think "Sage Dots" is my favorite. I love the color combo and all the hand work. So nice!

Anonymous said...

I love blue and brown right now or brown and anything! I love seeing you work in something other than purple and green!! These are lovely.

Lauri said...

Oh, I love these! Absolutely beautiful-I love the simple lines and colors.