Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Lists

Things I Did Today While Benjamin Was in School

Picked up summer camp info for a friend.
Arranged details for Teacher Appreciation week for both kids.
Mailed out a bulk order of Small Art Quilts: Designing a Series.
Made a grocery list for Claire's birthday party.
Finished a little something for my sister's birthday.
Put a label on Encrusted Cobblestones II.
Sewed rings for hanging on Encrusted Cobblestones II.
Hung Encrusted Cobblestones II>
Fused batting to the three pieces in the new triptych.
Began the embroidery on the new triptych.
Finished the "fresh" piece I mentioned earlier.
Almost finished the NYT crossword puzzle.
Had a quesadilla for lunch.
Watched a bit of The View and a bit of Martha.
Chatted briefly with my mom and briefly with Lucy.
Posted two silly lists on my blog.

Things I Did Not Do Today While Benjamin was in School
Empty the dishwasher.
Fold laundry.
Figure out what to make for dinner.
Take Lincoln for a walk.
Clean the studio.
Clean up breakfast dishes.
Clean up my stuff from the desk.
Post pictures on my blog.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you!!

Diane Perin said...

Given what you DID and did NOT do, I'd say your time was very well spent!

dee said...

you made excellent choices. All that stuff will still be there but you soul will be nourished.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very balanced life of an artist. You know the other things will eventually get done.

Denise said...

I love your list!!! It's such a great way to play with the day and keep the smile on your face. Clean when company is coming, do dishes when you run out and need more and spend your extra time kissing the kids!!
Cheers, Denise
who also has a Claire!

Diane Doran said...

Yeah you! I've theoretically had 2 hour slots three times a week this year to quilt. Huge chunks of that time were eroded away by all the stuff I felt like I had to do. Next year I'm going to try to follow your example.

Shelina said...

The more you do, the more there is to do. I feel like I'm running behind lately too. Seems like you have your priorities in order,though!