Thursday, April 13, 2006

Triptych Update

Remember when I posted my triptych for Ricky Tims challenge a couple of weeks ago? (And got so many wonderfully generous comments! Swoon.) I got notified that I was accepted yesterday! Yippee. I'm delighted.

But... I have a confession. The triptych I posted before, is not the one I entered. I had an opportunity to sell the previous version and I decided to. I was a bit torn, but I got a bit of wise professional advice and I took it.

It was made a bit easier by the fact that I had made 6 foundations when I started the project. Two sets of landscapes. I had planned to enter one set and make another set for myself, or to break up for trades or swaps. So I just finished up the second set to enter.

And I did make one more 5x7 for a trade with an artist whose work I am just bananas about. I hope I'll be able to share that with you soon. And I did make a few ATCs. I mean, I had all that fused up fabric and I'm certainly not tired of the purple and the green. And the mustard. You'll see those later too. I promise.

So here's the second set which will be at the Tims Art Quilt Studio and Gallery in La Veta, Colorado from May 26 through June 14.


And here are the closeups which I should have cropped and straightened.

Tree of Life


Winds of Change


Fields of Gold


I hope I'll hear about some of the rest of you being included in this show too. And gosh... if anyone is in the area, I sure hope you'll go visit my quilts and take some pictures!

11 comments:

Michelle said...

I love your Triptych, Deborah. I really loved the first one that you posted as well! Just beautiful!

jenclair said...

I loved the first and am just as taken with the second! Congrat on being accepted!

Deb R said...

This is beautiful. I may like it even more than the first, although I loved that one too.

I'd fully intended to make something to enter in that show and let time slip away from me. Oops. Glad you got in!

Debra said...

I like this one even more than the first one. It seems more detailed. Or just maybe more contrasty...

Alas, not going to hear that this one will be hanging with you. My own fault. I never got the third one done in time.. and I still think I need to add beads.

But there are still 2 other calls from Tims to work toward.

kathy said...

oh boy oh boy oh boy!!!! Can I have your autograph? I'm SO proud of you!!!

Micki said...

These are really great, as if they wouldn't be. LOL. Congratulations on being accepted.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Quilt Artist! They are beautiful.

Karoda said...

Couble congratulations on being accepted and selling the other piece...the gallery would have been nuts not to have taken this wonderful piece.

Sonji Hunt said...

Of course they are superfantastic, Deborah! I'm so excited for you being in the exhibition! Your work deserves to been widely seen (and purchased). I love your work in multiples because they tell a story. Plus, I am always wanting more when I view just one piece. Triptychs are very suggestive to the intellect and the heart.

Kim Carney said...

I love the panels, the field of gold ;) wonderful!

Deb said...

Deborah - I just LOVE your work! Saw your name and link on the Art and Soul group site... I like to see what other artists are up to,so had to check out your blog. Your fiber art is fablous. Makes me want to haul out the sewing machine today ;0) Deb