Wednesday, February 08, 2006

More Treasures

Look what Kate made for me!

Could you just die? Isn't it the most clever, funny, whimsical thing ever? I adore it.

When Kate ordered Art Stamping Workshop, those sneaky Amazon bots offered an irresistable "better together" deal, so she added Claudine Hellmuth's Collage Discovery Workshop to her order. Now there is no going back. She's been completely inspired and is now overrun with gesso, cigar boxes and other ephemera.

The text says, "What a long, funny day I've had. I wonder what it will be like tomorrow."

Kate said that my head is purple because her printer ink carts are messed up. Pishaw! I thought she did it on purpose. You know I love the purple. So, of course, she had to add the green skirt and 3D green ribbon bracelet. I could go on and on... but let's just conclude with those RED BOOTS! Am I ready for Texas, or what?

And just to prove again what thoughtful, generous friends I have, and that there is no doubt that I love the green and the purple, look what Kathy sent.



Kathy had to miss our Frayed Edges meeting, but she joined us in spirit! And in flowers. The delivery guy actually had to call on the phone to say, "Hey I'm in your driveway. Are you home?" We were upstairs gabbing and making art and nearly missed him. Thank you so much, Kathy! They are bright and beautiful, just like you!

9 comments:

Deb R said...

You just know those red boots were the first thing I spotted! What a great gift!

Anonymous said...

I love the card. I have that book, but have not been so creatively inspired! When you get your first pair of red boots, we wants pics!!

Joanne S said...

Guess what, I have that book on my "to order" list. It was wonderful to see such a nice collage in Claudine Hellmuth's style. I too have all the stuff but now I'll follow Kate's lead and MAKE SOMETHING.

I always envy you the Frayed Edges meetings. You are lucky to have found each other.

Jen said...

Love the workshop idea. I was so impressed with the woodcarved stamp I immediately ordered the book. I also ordered one on collage. See how inspiring you are ? You'll be a natural as a teacher. Jen

Karoda said...

ha, how funny...i know it must make you laugh every time you look at that card.

FunkyC said...

What good friends you have! That's a great collaged box and I wouldn't have found the purple head unusual, either. Best wishes for your move.

Micki said...

Great gifts. How are you ever going to get along without these wonderful friends.

kathy said...

what a clever Kate we have! And how 'bout that apron!!!

Sonji Hunt said...

That is the funniest little portrait. I love the funky outfit. In this format, you could easily fit into a JibJab animation.