Thursday, June 02, 2005

Remember I Said I'd Post a Picture of...

the other quilt I made using the methods from Jan Mullen's book? Here it is. It's my beloved square in a square block -- but wonky.

I made it when I was pregnant with Benjamin. I had a hard time finding "novelty" fabric that I wanted to use until I came upon a simple frog pattern on a white background. It's in the center of each block and in that inner border. Of course, now you can hardly turn around in a fabric store with out finding frog/lizard/bug fabric.



And I jazzed up the back with this guy...


I swear I haven't forced this love of green and all things froggy on Benjamin, but he does cuddle up with this amphibian every night... and has for the last three years.

4 comments:

Jen said...

So cute and cheerful! No wonder he loves it. Jen

Anonymous said...

You are so talented!! My mother in law who is also a quilter will have to have a peak at this BLOG. And your site is great-- the kids are just too cute!! The Boyd's

Gerrie said...

Well, there is plenty of blue there too so I think you have not forced the green!! Love the frog on the back - really cute and creative!!

Elle said...

I was so tickled by the froggie on the back. I didn't expect him! Very cute quilt!